Kids in Museums Takeover Day Volunteer - North Wales
- want to gain experience and skills in planning and running events
- want experience volunteering in a museum or heritage site
- enjoy working with children and young people
- have good written and verbal communication skills
- have good IT skills
- Are you?
- punctual and reliable
- over 18
Volunteers are needed to help plan and run an event as part of the national initiative, Takeover Day.
Takeover Day gives children and young people the chance to take over museum jobs normally reserved for museum staff, such as tour guides, welcome hosts, curators and more (28 June,and 22 November). Please visit our website for more information: kidsinmuseums.org.uk/what-we-do/takeover-day-wales Teen Digital Takeovers enable young people to take over digital platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, organisation websites and YouTube channels. If you are interested in the Teen Digital Takeover on 16 August you will need experience of using social media such as Twitter and Instagram.
This role will give you the opportunity to gain experience in organising and hosting events within a museum or heritage organisation alongside young people. It will involve volunteering in a museum or heritage site near you to help the organisation to plan and run their Takeover Day with children or young people who live in the local area.
A minimum of 12 hours during the run up to one of the three Takeover Days in 2019. Days and hours can be flexible depending on museum staff availability but would normally take place during opening hours from 9am-5pm on Monday-Friday.
If you are interested in the role, please email: email@example.com
- To take part in our Takeover Day on 28 June, please contact us by Tuesday 30 April.
- To take part in our Teen Digital Takeover on 16 August, please contact us by Tuesday 11 June.
- To take part in our Takeover Day on 22 November, please contact us by Tuesday 10 September.